Victorian Lockdown Update
16 July 21
Following the announcement of the Victorian lockdown at midnight yesterday (15 July) there are also changes to the rules regarding visiting aged care homes in the state. No visitors are permitted at care facilities, unless an exception applies. Exceptions apply in limited circumstances.
You may only visit a care facility for the following excepted reasons:
- as a nominated person under the Mental Health Act 2014
- for providing essential care and support that is necessary for the resident’s immediate physical or emotional wellbeing
- for providing interpreter or informal language support to enable the care team to provide care
- for learning to support a resident’s care upon discharge
- for providing end-of-life support to a resident of the facility
Loved ones can be contacted by telephone and video chat facilities if they wish to do so. If you would like to speak with your loved one by video chat, please don’t hesitate to contact the home your loved one resides in so this can be arranged.
We do not currently have any cases of Coronavirus at any home, and the lockdown is only precautionary due to the increasing risk in Victoria.